Enable our 15,000+ customers to use the 600,000 free (do-whatever-you-want) high-resolution photos from Unsplash inside the Unbounce landing page builder.
Team (people I worked closely with)
Cole Derochie (product owner), Mark Wainwright (software developer), Alex Chan (product quality analyst), Denis Suhopoljac (design director)
My current role focuses more on building tools for the user experience team, providing mentorship and guidance. I live in user research and concept phases most of the time. It is rare that I get the chance to get my hands dirty on some Jira tickets, but I enjoy it nevertheless. This little feature made me super excited as a creator.
- The dropdown contained all the image libraries. We wanted to make sure people were aware of the image libraries available to them.
- The trash can was the first action you could do in your library. Deleting things in your library as a primary action felt counter productive. You should grow your library.
- Search visually not emphasized enough or in a consistent place.
- Sort and filter did not use conventions we used across our entire product.
- The Image count could be more contextual rather than tacked on as a title and label.
"The best thing that you can do for the end user is offer them a consistent and familiar experience. Avoid additional cognitive load, unless you have a very good reason for it."
- Introduce tabs to make all libraries visible to the end user, while making tabs consistent across the product.
- Add image counts to tabs and make them contextual.
- Place sort where it is most intuitive to the end user similar to operating systems
- Emphasize search in the top right corner very similar to spotlight search or OS search results
- Making delete selected a clear label for the end user and make it active when action can be completed.
- Insert clear and consistent loading screens
- Create download file image dialogue consistent with image library
- Make all components consistent across our landing page builder
- Reduce visual noise by applying grid pattern only inside image containers.
"Now our customers can create beautiful landing pages with Unbounce and Unsplash."
Check out the announcement of the integration on this medium post by Unsplash for additional details.